(Photo credit http://bit.ly/1zkOb6u)
Well you may think you know what a good teacher is all about because you sit in front of one every day. But what I wanted to do here is to lay out what a good English Language teacher is trying to do every day. Just so you can appreciate them more!!!
- They do remember what it was like to be a student and treat students as equals.
- They try to strike up a relationship with each and every student ensuring that they encourage the quieter ones as well as the more confident ones while also ensuring they maintain a good balance between entertainment and discipline.
- They know they have to be patient and appreciate that everybody will make mistakes.
- They are in this job because they know that it is one of the most rewarding jobs around, especially when you take into account that because they teach English as a foreign language, they will be helping their students to progress and communicate around the world and there is nothing more rewarding than helping others.
- They have a wide range of knowledge about English and are constantly learning more themselves about it everyday.
- They know that all students must be treated with respect.
- 7 things that your quiet ESL students are not telling you
- What every ESL teacher needs to know
- What do students expect from their teachers?
- 10 things every school leader should know about ESL