(Photo credit http://bit.ly/1usnJtg)
After the amazing response from the last batch if ideas for IELTS PROS AND CONS essays, I’ve created some more … check them out.
What are the pros and cons for nuclear energy.
- Nuclear power is developing every day and getting safer for everyone
- Nuclear power can affect everyone eventually at a very low cost
- Oil is running out so nuclear energy is the next best thing to replace it
- Nuclear bombs can be made and be devastating to the world if exploded
- Nuclear energy requires a high level of maintenance as if there is a meltdown the results can be devastating
- Nuclear energy is still difficult to sustain safely in developing countries which is where cheap energy is required most, therefore it is not the best answer to replacing oil
The costs of international travel are decreasing and tourism is growing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of increasing tourism activity in different countries?
- More income for the country that is traveled to
- More jobs available for the people in the country when tourists come
- Good chance for good public relations between countries as there is more understanding when tourists come they spread the good word
- The natural environment could become destroyed because there are too many people around
- Historic places may lose their sacredness as too many people are visiting the sites
- If the people in the country are not welcoming, the country could get a bad name internationally
What are the pros and cons of children using the internet?
- Access to more information therefore the child will become more knowledgeable about the world
- lonely children can find friends who are into what they are into
- parents can enhance their child’s learning of subscribing to certain sites that help them with their school world
- The child can accidently get access to adult sites
- The child can get addicted to the internet and not focus on their studies
- Children need to be outside in the fresh healthy air and learn about their own lives instead of getting caught up with a computer
What are the pros and cons of living in a big city?
- More access to things you are interested in
- More variety of jobs available
- More people to do business with
- Too congested and polluted, so unhealthy
- It’s lonely and not that easy to meet people even though there are so many people out there, they are all often too busy
- More expensive to live and eat
What are the pros and cons of playing online games?
- You can become a professional and make money out of it without leaving the sofa
- You can fill in time when you are on the train or waiting for something
- Good exercise for your brain to keep active instead of just sleeping all the time
- Could get addicted and waste more time than you want
- Could be expensive if you start paying for extras
- May lead onto gambling addictions
More useful IELTS Task Links on my pages:
- 5 MORE IELTS Opinion Essay topics with IDEAS for planning
- 5 Typical PROS AND CONS IELTS essays with planning notes
- 5 Typical OPINION IELTS essays with planning notes
- IELTS 7.5 Speaking sample
- 5 ways TO SEE IF YOU ARE READY to sit IELTS
- Which IELTS task is the MOST DIFFICULT?
- IELTS Speaking task 1
- 7 ideas for PREPARING FOR THE IELTS WRITING task
- IELTS or TOEFL which is easier