(Photo credit: http://bit.ly/1HV06NK)
I think we have all fallen into that trap, were really quick to call someone or something crazy and later realized they were just completely misunderstood and were in fact really brilliant.
I see it a lot with business ideas. I know a certain person who shall remain nameless who often comes up with business ideas that I often used to reject but now I have learned that I simply need to sit and listen and let it filter into my mind and just wait. Within a few days, if it really is something we could do, the true brilliance of it will rise up.
Fortunately if nothing does bubble up, to me it is never the end, it just needs to be looked at again when we have some more information and perhaps with a little adjustment It could be something amazing…
Sometimes though…I just have to dump it!
What about you?
Tags: conversation starter, esl, efl, celta, tefl, ielts, crazy ideas, brilliant and dangerous, insanity vs brilliance.
OTHER CONVERSATION STARTERS:
- Is life easier for people in the western world or more difficult?
- Were you taught English grammar in primary school?
- What would be the best job in the world?
- What are your biggest dreams in life?
- What is it about a topic that makes you want to learn more?
- Do you think everyone in the world should be bilingual?
- Where’s the best place to take a break these days?
- All other conversation starters