(Photo credit: http://bit.ly/1JJbLAf)
I loved this when I was much younger. There would be a party, myself and my friends would be invited and somehow somewhere along the line I would find myself in the kitchen at parties. I asked myself one day, why, why did I end up there, it wasn’t because I was unhappy at the party, it just made me think.
I realised that it had something to do with a number of factors:
- Often there were just too many people in the living room and well you just couldn’t hear anything
- The lighting was better
- The food was there (including the fridge)
- For some reason the most interesting conversations seemed to be happening there.
Personally I haven’t been to a party like that in years, so I am just thinking more about my university days here.
So what about you? Were you always someone who ended up in the kitchen at parties?
OTHER CONVERSATION STARTERS:
- Is life easier for people in the western world or more difficult?
- Were you taught English grammar in primary school?
- What would be the best job in the world?
- What are your biggest dreams in life?
- What is it about a topic that makes you want to learn more?
- Do you think everyone in the world should be bilingual?
- Where’s the best place to take a break these days?
- All other conversation starters