Hey, we are all children at heart and here is a big list of fun things to do with groups of children or adults to spread the English around. Check them out:
- Conduct a survey in the class
Choose any topic and get them to even make some graphs with the results depending on the level of your class
- Create a song about your community
This can be in groups or individually, and even see if you can put a tune to it with a guitar or piano. It’s good to present it in an assembly too.
- Design a new outfit/car, draw it and label what it is made of etc
This can be for a fashion spread in a new magazine (car or clothes!)
- Design a menu for a celebration
Pick the festive time and then talk about what it is about then think of the food. Make it a proper menu to put on a restaurant table.
- Draw a treasure map of the classroom, label everything and where the treasure is to be found.
This can be so much fun when you have groups trying to find other groups treasure!
- Design dream home, label areas
Imagine you are a family and you have children and parents, and what things you would all want in the house and garden. Make it a birds eye view like an architects design.
- Make a’ save your community’ poster
This can be painting, drawing or even online, let the groups choose and present.
- Write a book about your group
You are a group and need to talk about the likes and dislikes. Don’t forget a contents page too.
- Create a general knowledge quiz about your country
A great activity to get the whole class involved. Get countries in groups to create their questions, then one country poses the questions to the other countries.
- Create a Comic Strip with dialogue between characters
This is a fun one for those with an artistic bent. I really gets the ESL kids reading too.
http://esl-galaxy.com/board.htm Galaxy boardwork