(Photo credit: http://bit.ly/1euDpau)
Firstly – what is an Anagram?
It is a word in which each letter represents another word, and helps you remember lots more ideas
S – Socialising
P – Physical activity
O – Organised team sport
R – Recreational sport
T – Tennis
I know when you are ready to sit your IELTS exam you always want to know which essay will be asked for. So you set about preparing yourself for what ideas you may have. This can go on forever if you are going to practice writing the whole thing. But here is an easy way to help you remember ideas related to your subject.
I am going to give you only a few and then let you do the rest.
F – First on your mind
A – Adults and children make up a family
M – Mother and Father important
I – Individuals sometimes need to learn by themselves
L – Life lessons learned by families guiding you
Y – Youth think they know everything
This is just for FAMILY, and the short phrases after them will help trigger ideas for your essay.
Here are other topics that will come up in IELTS. See if you can make anagrams for each of these that will help you in the exam room:
Business and Money
Communication and Personality
Crime and Punishment
Family and Children
Food and Diet
Media and Advertising
Sports and Exercise
Try this and let me know how you go!
More useful IELTS Task Links on my pages:
- 5 MORE IELTS Opinion Essay topics with IDEAS for planning
- 5 Typical PROS AND CONS IELTS essays with planning notes
- 5 Typical OPINION IELTS essays with planning notes
- IELTS 7.5 Speaking sample
- 5 ways TO SEE IF YOU ARE READY to sit IELTS
- Which IELTS task is the MOST DIFFICULT?
- IELTS Speaking task 1
- 7 ideas for PREPARING FOR THE IELTS WRITING task
- IELTS or TOEFL which is easier