Why are some texts difficult to understand?
Most readers when reading something challenging, have to confront some or many of these problems listed below:
• the passage has too many unknown words
• the paragraphs has some long, complicated sentences
• the topic is about a something you know nothing about
• the topic is about something you find uninteresting
• the text has small print, long paragraphs, and no pictures
• you are feeling tired and distracted
• you don’t know why you have been asked to read this passage
However you can give yourself an advantage if you know how:
1. Know why you are reading this – maybe it is an IELTS passage, a document for work or even something someone else has recommended. Whatever your reason, know why and this will help you know where and how to start understanding what you are reading..
View original post 338 more words