For some people who are taking the IELTS exam, the report writing section is the most difficult, for others the easiest. It all comes down to how well you can understand graphs and numbers and what they tell you about the overall trend explored in the graph.
To do this you need to understand the title, the axes labels and the changes in the bars or lines or percentages.
In this post I am going to give you 6 typical pieces of information that could be derived from this graph above. It will be up to you to write them into sentences and a paragraph.
- Australia – overwhelmingly largest number of emigrants throughout the years
- New Zealand and USA – overall similar numbers throughout the years
- France in 2007 – lowest number of emigrants ever
- France – sharply increased number in 2005
- New Zealand and Spain – steady decrease in…
View original post 263 more words