(Photo credit: http://bit.ly/2lu5CWu)
Chess – as most will know, is a board game of strategy involving very complex maneouvres and forward thinking. Some people devote their life to the game and can become world champions.
Checkers – on the other hand is a board game using a simply logical linear process of thinking. There is some strategy involved, but nothing on the scale of Chess.
The question to ask now is – when it comes to learning English – are you a chess player or a checkers player?
If you are a chess player you will understand deeply these principles:
- Every piece has its own specific moves
- Every move impacts and changes the long-term strategy of the opponent
- Every move must be thought through to up to 20 moves ahead
- There are time limits and expectations on every move
- The goal is to take the opponents king (checkmate)
View original post 349 more words